JLT Specialty’s Credit, Political and Security Risk team is one of the most innovative and experienced broking specialists in the market
Why our clients value us?
Managing a disparate range of country risks is among one of the key challenges facing international businesses. Political and economic risks, terrorism, political violence, kidnap and extortion can all impact balance sheets, brands and ultimately, reputation. Our aim is to ensure clients can compete effectively in today’s global market. With a relationship-driven, consultative approach our CPS team offers clients the support to identify, understand, manage and transfer risk.
Our approach involves:
- Applying a knowledge-driven approach, utilising our in-house consultancy team whose modelling and rating tools help our clients anticipate, prevent, respond and ultimately recover from crisis. Further information on these tools is available here: http://jlt-talos.com/.
- Building dedicated client teams and ensuring markets are leveraged to deliver optimum pricing and terms.
- Designing, structuring and delivering innovative risk mitigation and insurance solutions.
What we do
We offer a global network of specialists in London, New York, Sao Paulo, Cape Town, Stockholm, Singapore and Hong Kong, structuring bespoke solutions to mitigate and transfer the effects of following risks:
- Political risks including expropriation, contract renegotiation and currency risks
- Non-payment and counterparty default risks, security risks including terrorism, political violence and war
- Risks to personnel including kidnap, extortion, threat, evacuation and detention.
We place insurance for investors in many sectors, including power, oil and gas, extractive industries, telecommunications, commodity trading and supply chain, industry and manufacturing, and ports and terminals; with particular experience in emerging markets. We pride ourselves on providing a complete suite of risk services; from the identification and management of country and economic risk, to structuring, placing and management of risk transfer solutions. Recognising insurance is often just the final piece of the risk management jigsaw, we developed an in-house, consultancy team. Bringing perspective to help clients gain clarity and make informed decisions. We provide technologies such as World Risk Review, one of the most sophisticated country analytics tools and Sunstone, which is widely acknowledged to be the leading terrorism modelling tool, to help our clients identify and manage risk.
Why work with us
It’s best to consider us as your partner in risk, not just your broker. Although insurance products are important, they are simply one part of the suite of services and solutions that we offer. We combine market-leading analysis and risk modelling with prevention consultancy services. As we are brokers first and foremost, we also provide access to the world’s leading insurance companies. Alongside this, we offer renowned claims advocacy all within one specialist team.
It is the way we deliver our service, which makes JLT Specialty an indispensable part of your team. As a client, you benefit from:
- Decades of expertise
- Access to all 50 specialist private sector markets
- Access to public markets for risk collaboration
- Broadest, most refined wordings available
- Market data and underwriter performance data
- On-demand consultancy support.
For further information, please contact Nick Robson, CEO, Credit, Political and Security Risk on +44 (0)207 558 3643