We have a range of insurance products and services built specifically for the rail sector
Global rail property insurance facility
This platform enables our rail experts to present rail property risks to our approved specialist insurers in the London market. Available both to our direct rail clients and other brokers, this facility offers best-in-class cover leading solutions for the property risks of rail organisations, based anywhere in the world.
The facility offers:
- Enhanced policy cover and wordings
- Fast settlement through our streamlined claims process conducted by rail experts
- Better security working with insurers with a minimum A- rating (S&P)
- Substantial market capacity and competitive premiums.
In addition, we also offer the broad scope of additional covers, which range from:
- Business interruption
- New-for-old or agreed-value cover on rolling stock
- Risk engineering support.
Global rail liability insurance facility
This London Market facility enables our rail experts to present your risks to specialist insurers working in the world’s major centre for rail liability insurance. This means we can negotiate competitive premiums and the widest possible cover.
In addition we offer you:
- Substantial market capacity/limits
- Tailored policy wording
- Secure insurers (min S&P A- rating)
- Agreed claims protocols
- No terrorism exclusion
- Highly skilled rail expertise and support.
Our Rail teams experience working in the industry means can advise on your broader your broader risk picture and ensuring your insurance programme is fit for purpose:
- Exposure studies to assist with selection of policy limits
- Business interruption assessments/continuity planning
- Safety audits
- Loss control surveys
- Contractual risk management
- Captive feasibility studies.
Construction and train build
With our 150-strong team of construction professionals, we are one of the only brokers to provide an integrated construction and rail operations team to address the needs of capital expenditure programmes for investment in rail infrastructure, rolling stock and technology. Our services include:
- Construction cover for infrastructure investment
- Train Build cover for new rolling stock fleets
- Construction liabilities
- Delay in start-up covers
- Professional indemnity
- Cradle to grave solutions.
Our team has first-hand experience of resolving complex claims resulting from major rail accidents. And we have all the skills – actuarial, loss adjusting, forensic accounting, surveying and engineering - to advise you on every aspect of your claim. Our services include:
- Claims data analysis
- Claims preparation workshops
- Major incident support
- Policy stress testing.
Rail Focus Group
Our rail clients have access to our thought leadership programme - the JLT Rail Focus Group. This forum is designed to provide clients with a platform to network and exchange opinions with peers about new and emerging risk issues for the rail sector. We also use this forum to test our sector proposition and drive innovation in our products and services.
For further information, please contact Ian Thompson, Partner, Major Risks Practice, Rail Practice on +44 (0)207 558 3497 or email email@example.com