JLT Specialty's Water Utilities team offers expert advice and provides specialist products to meet our clients exact business requirements
Why our clients value us?
When it comes to water, we know how to protect against risks. Maybe it’s because we advise some of the largest water companies in the sector. Or maybe our industry focused approach means we have a better understanding of our clients’ business environment. Either way, our success in both areas ensures we design and provide better products and services to suit your business needs. In addition, our sector focus ensures we keep up-to-date with policy coverage requirements and the latest cover availability from insurers we work with.
What we do
Our Water Utilities team offers a full range of services including:
- Insurance placement
- Risk financing
- Risk consulting
- Claims management.
In addition, we have developed a range of products specifically for the water sector. Our specialist areas include:
- The JLT 5-Year Plan programme aligned to Ofwat regulatory funding cycle
- Our Environmental Impairment Liability facility, a regular cover for water clients
- Construction cover for capital investment programmes aligned to AMP periods
- Major loss claims support for significant flooding incidents
- Business interruption risk consulting to ensure adequate ICOW cover
- Resilience cover to respond to water contamination risks.
For both traditionally insurable and emerging risks, we use our experience to influence and drive insurance market appetite for water risks. We also host water forums for some of the largest companies within the sector. These forums provide a space to network and exchange opinions with our peers. Yet, we also use the forum to test our sector propositions, launch or refine new products, demonstrating our desire to innovate.
We off our clients
- Industry research includes financial/economic analysis along with industry risk issues and insurance concerns
- Infrastructure analyst briefings
- The ability to place water risks across a wide range of insurers
- Risk management solutions
- Bespoke wordings including sector specific policy coverages.
Why work with us
With our strong market knowledge and well established relationships, we are confident in securing competitive premiums for our clients. When considering an insurer partner, we recommend you consider long-term stability, multi-class appetite and quality of service, particularly on claims. We also advise clients to consider value-added services, such as risk management, as well as working with insurers to gain an understanding of your business and your attitude to risk.
It is the way we deliver our service, which makes JLT Specialty an indispensable part of your team. As a client, you benefit from:
- Access to industry expertise through our water industry research
- Commercial and transparent remuneration
- Technical excellence where by securing available coverage improvements, we can extend the scope of the current protection without increasing the premium
- A strong client focus which drives the way we deliver our service.
For further information, please contact Ian Thompson, Senior Partner, Specialty Property & Casualty on +44 (0)203 394 0481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org